Welcome to Canada, the place to be.
Did you know that Canada has the second-largest charity sector in the world?
Some facts from Imagine Canada, an organization that works “to ensure that charities continue to play a pivotal role in building, enriching and defining our nation”:
- Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector is the 2nd largest in the world; the Netherlands is the largest; the United States is the 5th
- there are an estimated 170,000 nonprofits and charities in Canada
- half of these (54%) are run entirely by volunteers
- 2 million people are employed by these organizations representing 11.1% of the economically active population
- the sector represents $106 billion or 8.1% of the GDP (larger than the automotive or manufacturing industries)
- smaller provinces have a higher number of organizations relative to their populations
- the top 1% of organizations command 60% of all revenues
We think Canada is generous. Cares. Awesome!